Patches and changes are always being applied to the Wine source code. There have been some attempts to track the status of Wine as more and more features are supported and tested. Currently, some out-of-date status reports can be found here, but there are plans to migrate this information to the wiki and update it. When that happens, tables or links with that information can be found here.
Some information about current Wine progress can be automatically mined from the SourceCode, using scripts from the webtools repo and the tools/ directory of the wine repo. These statistics are regularly refreshed and should be up-to-date:
- Data on the percentage of API functions currently existing as stubs or forwards, listed by DLL.
- Two slightly different reports of Wine's translation status can be found here and here.
- A quick summary of Wine test-suite results, with links to more detailed information.
Other Status Info
- WineReleaseCriteria" has info for major features in the next Wine release
- A quick rundown of the features Wine currently offers, probably of more use to users or third-party developers.
- Core Status for higher-level components of Wine.
- "DirectX Status" for Wine's own implementation of DirectX.
- "DLL Status" lists useful facts for many of Wine's central components.
- Multimedia Status for other audio/video components such as codecs and drivers.
- Wine Porting Status for different compilers, libraries, OSes, & hardware architectures.
- Test Suite Status for the cases and functions that make up the automated Wine TestSuite.
- Tool Status for the various scripts that aid development
- User Interface Status for things like window management, controls, dialogs, icons, and fonts.
Many of these pages were ported from the old static status pages on WineHQ. Although mostly out of date, they may still be helpful and also function as drafts in case Wine's status system is ever updated.