Difference between revisions of "WineGUI"
Latest revision as of 17:07, 17 June 2022
What is WineGUI?
WineGUI is a graphical frontend for the Wine software compatibility layer which allows Linux users to install Windows-based software as well as games. WineGUI is using the GTK toolkit and is written in the C++ programming language.
Note: Although using WineGUI can be useful for managing your programs/bottles in Wine, WineHQ does not provide support. See Reporting bugs below.
WineGUI features include but not limited to:
- Graphical user-interface on top of Wine
- Creating a new machine using an easy step-by-step wizard
- Application list per machine (with search feature)
- Editing and removing Windows machines in a breeze
- Configure window installing additional software with just a single click (like installing DirectX)
- One-button click to run a program, open the C: drive, simulate a reboot or kill all processes
Download & Install WineGUI
You can download the latest deb, rpm or tar pre-build package from: https://gitlab.melroy.org/melroy/winegui/-/releases
WineGUI application will inform you when a new release is out.
Reporting bugs / Features requests
WineGUI has a issue tracking system at: https://gitlab.melroy.org/melroy/winegui/-/issues.
If you don't have an account, you can create an account to file an issue.