Web Content Tasks
This page contains a list of suggested content updates for the various parts of WineHQ, including this wiki. For a list of design ideas and improvements, see WebDesignTasks.
Useful Tools for Editing the Wiki
If you are new to working with a wiki, or a MoinMoin wiki in particular, you may want to browse through WineWikiTips and the HelpContents.
The following system pages are great for seeing where the wiki could use some maintenance:
- WantedPages - These pages are linked to but do not exist
- AbandonedPages - These pages haven't been touched for a while and may be good candidates for deletion or condensing into a couple lines somewhere else.
- OrphanedPages - Pages which are not linked to from other entries on the wiki. If it is useful information we should link to it from related pages.
- PageHits - Pages at the top of this list should be well cared for and up to date to prevent misleading the masses.
- RecentChanges - Find out what's going on in the Wiki
- Clean out unnecessary redirects (searching for "#redirect" in the full-text bar on FindPage will show you all redirection pages).
- While we aren't following Wikipedia's "redirect pages = sweet goodness" policy, it's probably good to keep ones that WineHQ links to pretty stable.
- Of course, if you want to clean up WineHQ's links and your patches are accepted, feel free to be more daring.
- If eliminating redirections for translations (e.g. ["ホームページ"] --> ["Japanese"]), it's probably best to use the title in the native language (ホームページ).
- Create a TestSuiteStatus page.
- Redirect http://www.winehq.org/status to the wiki page WineStatus (?)
- Many of the pages on ListofCommands do not exist yet.
- Fix up the SummerOfCode page
- Add a few more details about how to apply
- Add more tips on how to have a successful project
- Triage suggested projects by feasibility/difficulty
- Update the packaged system pages and uninstall some that we never use (probably will be done in parallel with [:WebDesignTasks:upgrading Moinmoin])
- Email users with very abandoned homepages (maybe 5+ years without edits) and ask if they want to keep their pages?
- I was very conservative with homepages and only deleted very old ones for users with no other record of interacting with the project. I figure people like to leave things for posterity, and if they've been part of the community even a little, what's a few more kB in CategoryHomepage? --KyleAuble
Various WineHQ Changes
- Replace duplicated or abandoned static pages with redirects to the wiki (or simply delete from the WineHQ code if appropriate).
- Add some static text to the Developer page and consolidate the links (it's currently a bit overwhelming).
- Add a short text explanation of our test results at .