My name's Kyle and I've been an on-again, off-again contributor to Wine for a few years now. I mostly stick to working on documentation and the wiki; I've always been more of a writer that happens to program occasionally. I have been known to randomly branch out into bug-hunting, testing, and web-design though. Maybe I'll get around to sending in a patch to Wine proper one of these days (I'm looking at you, msxml3).
- Email: kyle -dot- auble -at- (no really, humans only) zoho -dot- com
I have a lot of things to juggle in life right now so wine isn't getting much of my time, but if the mood strikes me, I might work on these in the future:
Help migrate and cleanup some pages from the old wiki
- Finish salvaging ideas from Winezeug
- Check in from time-to-time on the state of wine's packaging for Debian
- (Bonus points) Make some of Wine's build and run dependencies Multiarch compliant
- Simplify / improve the build process for Wine some
- (First step) Test whether precompiled headers are a worthwhile addition
- Proof of concept for WineHQ on a web-framework
- Try using Symfony? Laravel? (Both sound promising and the bulk of WineHQ is already PHP-based)
- (Big payoff?) Have an automated metrics page that draws links between all parts of the project
- A little Bug Triage?
- Test some old programs of mine and submit patches for the relevant DLLs
- I've had weird problems with "wav" and "midi" sounds fighting in a couple programs (???)
- (Ambitious) Installer troubles (DCOM? gulp)