Translations of this page: not yet ported. Translators, please see Discussion page.
Wine enables Linux, Mac, FreeBSD, and Solaris users to run Windows applications without a copy of Microsoft Windows. Wine is free software under constant development. Other platforms may benefit as well.
- Frequently Asked Questions: If you're having a general problem with Wine, please read the FAQ!
- Wine documentation: If the FAQ didn't help, try reading the manual! :)
- The Wine Application Database: For help with a particular app, look up its entry in the AppDB.
- Wine Users support forum: For asking questions that you can't find an answer to in the above.
- Known Issues: Check here before you report a bug.
- winetricks: A useful tool for using common workarounds to current deficiencies in Wine.
- MacOSX: Running Wine on Apple OS X.
About the Wine project
- A brief overview of Wine Features and goals.
- Some short articles about the Importance Of Wine.
- An overview of Wine Project Organization.
- Who's Who in the Wine project, Acknowledgements for major contributors, & a list of all registered wiki homepages.
- Information about Wine's Licensing.
- Developers: If you want to help with Wine or build it from source.
- AppDB Maintainers: Some hints if you are (or want to become) an AppDB Maintainer.
- Debuggers can help by testing Wine and narrowing down problems, or help triage bugs reported by other users.
- Writers can contribute by documenting the program, maintaining the wiki, and translating various parts of the project.
- Designers can, among other tasks, draw icons for programs, or improve the style and function of the website.
- Wine Development Fund: Please consider making a donation to support the Wine project.
- WikiToDo contains things you can do by merely editing this wiki.
- List of all pages in this Wiki (useful for wiki editors).
- ThirdPartyApplications & "unofficial" tools that might come in handy.
- UsefulRegistryKeys and various settings for configuring Wine.
- Instructions for RegressionTesting.
- DownloadLinks where you can find certain applications to use along with Wine.
- The Wine project SourceCode can be downloaded or browsed online.
- You can browse archived discussions or subscribe to the Wine mailing lists.
- Information on development progress and the status of Wine.
- Other miscellaneous data such as usage statistics or database dumps.