This page contains ideas of fixes and improvements for the main WineHQ site.
- Ensure compliance to some (x)html spec.
Horizontal lines (<p><img src="./images/grey_pixel.gif" width="100%" height=1 border=0 alt="-"></p>) and spaces at end of page (<p> <p>) should be replaced with modern and CSS based things.
Wiki pages linked from static pages
A lot of links on the website point to wiki pages. We should make extra effort to ensure these are good. See WikiToDo
Cleanup of static pages
- The About page needs a picture of some sort, right justified.
- Some pages are currently duplicated on the wiki and the website, or have been abandoned. Prune them from the website code (and make them redirects)
- The Developer page could use some static text and possible trimming of the links. Dumping a list of resources on them isn't quite helpful -- we want them to want to become developers.
Somewhere we should add a short description of our test results
If the current percentage complete estimates are replaced with simple, objective measures, status reports could be probably be automated (similar to http://www.winehq.org/winapi_stats or http://source.winehq.org/transl):
- Use build tests from a standardized machine to measure gaps in the code and build errors?
- Use conformance test data to estimate runtime errors?
- Highlight the DLLs with the most failed/missing tests as problem DLLs?
- Mine Bugzilla for open bugs as a rough indicator of logic errors?
- Use a scripted version of "git shortlog" by DLL to report current workers? (Could be really useful for people starting to work on a specific feature)
- Should provide some sort of link for Mac users. Perhaps to wiki page.