WineConf 2011 - October 1-2, 2011 - Minneapolis, Minnesota
Doubletree Hotel, Downtown Minneapolis, in the beautiful Twin Cities of Minneapolis, St. Paul, home of CodeWeavers
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis
1101 LaSalle Avenue
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States 55403
We have a block of rooms reserved at the special rate of $99 / night (plus taxes, which will push the overall price up by about 10%). You need to mention WineConf in order to get the rate, so you need to call to make the reservation. Note that the special rate will be only for the weekend, so if you wish to stay later, you may want to shop around. Important note: when you call, don't follow their menu, or else you'll eventually get a booking agent outside of the hotel. You need an operator at the hotel; only they can book you.
Please subscribe to the wineconf mailing list. This is the best way to keep apprised of the latest news about the conference. This is also the best place to discuss the agenda, travel planning, and so on.
The Doubletree has an attached bar/grill, with decent beer. We will gather there on Friday late afternoon and evening. If we go out somewhere further, we will leave word on how to reach us at the front desk.
If you are coming, please visit our RSVP page and let us know so we have accurate counts for meal planning.
- Saturday, October 1
- 08:00 Breakfast in the conference room
- 09:00 Conference begins
- 09:15 Conference ends, head to pub (Okay, seriously, we'll craft an agenda as we go)
- 18:30 Dinner at Melting Pot in downtown Minneapolis
- Sunday, October 2
- 08:00 Breakfast
- 09:30 Conference resumes
- 17:00 Conference ends
There will likely be an informal pizza gathering at the CodeWeavers offices on Sunday evening for anyone interested. They're not much to look at, but we do have beer in the fridge.
The agenda is usually pretty loosely defined and is often refined throughout the conference but the topics will be largely constrained to those relating to Wine development. If there is a topic you would like to discuss, send an email to the wineconf mailing list. We have also in the past set aside time for ad-hoc working groups; we'll keep scratch pads handy for such conversations.
There is one traditional item you do not want to miss though:
Once again, we will use Wine Party Funds to defray travel costs for attendees, as much as we can. Write to Jeremy White to apply for a sponsorship. We have a large chunk of funds set aside for this. Please, if money would make you hesitate to come, send me an email.
The Minneapolis airport code is MSP.
1) From the baggage claim area go down one floor (follow the Ground Transportation signs) to the airport trams.
2) Take either tram (they both go to the same place) and then go down one more level to the light rail.
3) Buy a ticket at the platform. You have to buy the ticket before you get on the train. The trains are honor system; so you only use the ticket if an inspector gets on.
4) Take the light rail northbound to Minneapolis. Here are full instructions for taking our light rail.
5) Exit at the Nicollet Mall station.
6) Walk south (left) on Nicollet Mall and make a right on 11th street.
7) The Doubletree Hotel will be on the left side of the street.
Here is a map of route. You can also jump on any bus running on Nicollet Mall that has FREE RIDE on its signage down to 11th street.
The light rail runs directly from the airport into downtown Minneapolis. The hotel is located in about a mile from the light rail stop. Here is helpful transit planner link.
Google Maps has biking, walking, and transit directions for our whole metro.
We also have a bike share system called Nice Ride that's all over city. For $5/day you can take as many 30-minute bike trips as you want.