WineHQ Content Tasks
This page contains a list of suggested content updates for the various parts of WineHQ, including this wiki. For a list of design ideas and improvements, see WebDesignTasks.
Useful Tools for Editing the Wiki
The following system pages are great for seeing where the wiki could use some maintenance:
WantedPages - These pages are linked to but do not exist
AbandonedPages - These pages haven't been touched for a while and may be good candidates for deletion or condensing into a couple lines somewhere else.
OrphanedPages - Pages which are not linked to from other entries on the wiki. If it is useful information we should link to it from related pages.
PageHits - Pages at the top of this list should be well cared for and up to date to prevent misleading the masses.
RecentChanges - Find out what's going on in the Wiki
In an attempt to take the WineWiki to the next level, we've created the WikiParty page to help organize a spontaneous wave of editing. That's right, a party! And everyone registered on the wiki is invited.
Clean out unnecessary redirects (searching for "#redirect" in the full-text bar on FindPage will show you all redirection pages).
- While we aren't following Wikipedia's "redirect pages = sweet goodness" policy, it's probably good to keep ones that WineHQ links to pretty stable.
- Of course, if you want to clean up WineHQ's links and your patches are accepted, feel free to be more daring.
Create a TestSuiteStatus page.
Many of the pages on ListofCommands do not exist yet.
Fix up the SummerOfCode page
- Add a few more details about how to apply
- Add more tips on how to have a successful project
- Triage suggested projects by feasibility/difficulty
Update the packaged system pages and uninstall some that we never use (probably will be done in parallel with upgrading Moinmoin)
- Email users with very abandoned homepages (maybe 5+ years without edits) and ask if they want to keep their pages?
Various WineHQ Changes
- Replace duplicated or abandoned static pages with redirects to the wiki (or simply delete from the WineHQ code if appropriate).
- Add some static text to the Developer page and consolidate the links (it's currently a bit overwhelming).
Add a short text explanation of our test results at http://test.winehq.org/data/.
WineHQ Download Page
- Audit links for different distros.
- Add more details about the packaging process for each entry?
- Add some sort of link or resource for Mac users.