Differences between revisions 44 and 45
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
|* [:Fun_Projects:Fun Projects]: lots of side tasks that would be great to do|
|Line 12:||Line 11:|
|* WineOnWindows: ... or try to get Windows apps to run on Wine on Cygwin on Windows (it's so post-modern!)|
|Line 76:||Line 76:|
*A GUI for the wine ConformanceTests
== Testing Windows Versions of Dev Software ==
* Compiling and running virtual machines on Wine
* Building with toolkits on Wine
* Windows [:CategoryCompilers:compilers] on Wine
Wine To-Do List
This page is a top-level collection of things to do in Wine itself.
Fix unimplemented functions in Wine (see the bug list).
IntegrationProjects: for cool ideas on how to improve Wine's integration with Desktop Linux
JanitorialProjects: various cleanups, fixes, etc. that apply to the entire tree
DLLTodoList: place-holder for DLL maintainers to list all DLLs having TODO lists
DirectX-ToDo: items and links for remaining tasks in Wine's DirectX implementation
CygwinSupport: get Cygwin apps working on Wine
WineOnWindows: ... or try to get Windows apps to run on Wine on Cygwin on Windows (it's so post-modern!)
Winelib: get various open source Win32 apps to work with Winelib
If you would like to run the tests on your Windows box, you can download a prebuilt 32-bit Windows .exe from http://test.winehq.org/builds/winetest-latest.exe (or a 64-bit Windows .exe from http://test.winehq.org/builds/winetest64-latest.exe).
- It's not very clear, especially to new users, that all tabs apply to the selected application.
- This is primarily a package-level issue (e.g. Ubuntu packages include some .desktop files for this).
Handling initial install & upgrades
- Code a tool to check wine configuration (e.g. ptrace bug, cdrom device access, opengl direct rendering,...)
- Many users have problems with OpenGL not being fully configured (often because of nvidia drivers). Wine currently outputs a console command in this case, but something graphical might be nice.
- Make a D3D demo to include in the Wine source - spinning Wine glass and Tux logo?
National Language Support
We currently lack a way to model hierarchical resources like those required by calendar information (each locale has a variable number of calendars, with different attributes). This is a show stopper for completing the NLS Api (Get/EnumCalendarInfo etc).
- Make sure ASCII functions call the Unicode one and not the other way around.
- Add localization to more languages.(will probably never be completely finished)
- Add localization to more parts of Wine.(will probably never be completely finished)
- Better support of Chinese, Korean, Japanese...(currently in works)
Better support of BiDi - Arabic, Hebrew...
- Updates, updates, and more updates
- Add i18n section to Wine Developer's Guide.
- Improve the end-user documentation, which is currently scattered across a few locations:
- Add support for MZ_SUPPORTED
- Remove/rewrite wineisms from code
- Visual C++'s native COM support
- Import registry files generated by Windows 2000 regedit.
Fix invocation thru WinHelp
- Lots of macros are still missing
- Allow flexibility in FS "mounting" (for example, SMB shares)
- Write a printer configuration applet
- Implement the "Printers" Folder (shell32)
- Implement the Printer configuration Dialogs (shell32)
- It would be nice if we could actually support Windows printer drivers (low-priority)
- Winemaker fixes
- Run C regression tests on Windows with MSVC
- wineconsole: add configuration bar + resizing capabilities
- winecfg: a printing tab that allows for redirecting a port to a Unix file or application
A GUI for the wine ConformanceTests
Testing Windows Versions of Dev Software
- Compiling and running virtual machines on Wine
- Building with toolkits on Wine
Windows compilers on Wine