IRC nick: Amorphous
Email: jan.wine at zerebecki.de (replace " at " with appropriate sign)
WineBot is a tool to create and keep track of wine prefixes and for automated installation of software into them.
Stuff to follow up on, that probably deserves a bug-report or should go on some to-do list if not fixed (beware this is a private dump, more a list of things I want to see happen, than things I will do myself):
- mshtml.idl "Boolmark" typo?
- crc errors in lineage installer (and others, e.g. civ4 demo, conquer online) (were these caused by fs corrupt?)
- when dragging notepad around sometimes gray lines remain on the input field.
- UseXVidMode=N does not prevent setting gamma
- chars that are not present in the currently used font don't get exchanged out of fonts that have them, like it is usually done for native linux applications
change .dll load order with help from KnownDlls (e.g. needed for spellforce because of it's native modified dbghelp.dll)
- seh debugchannel should be more easily readable
- show more obviously where the exception occurred
- translate exception code to name if available
- add if optional compile dependencies were met/included and their version to binaries... something like wine --depends ?
- refresh button for uninstaller
- add table with popular class ids and how to obtain them or if they can be ignored
- wineshelllink makes an absolute reference to /tmp instead of over $TMP or $TMPDIR
- lxr full-text search does not work, glimpse index is not built, see tools.git
- refuse to change c drive in winecfg
- wine selects wrong font CivIV uses sylfaen.ttf in Assets/res/Fonts for the main menu, which is different from the one in Resource/Fonts; when the later is also available from native linux, the wrong one gets selected
- some hack to get winedbg attached to starfoce and others that prevent this with process access settings
- fix widl to compile for win32 (make other wine stuff protable to win32)
- add a test appdb application/version/etc.
wine options revamping and exporting hinted at in my comment at https://sandbox.cz/project/winebot/ticket/68
tags/macros to export all used registry keys and what they do, so it can replace UsefulRegistryKeys , possible integrade with wine api docs
- check (build-)depends of deb packages
- file Wishlist bug against debian packages for a meta package so users don't wonder when e.g. d3d is not installed
- check if it could otherwise be improved
- compare with winehq and ubuntu packages
- is there a wine packagers guide?
- package wine tests with wine (additional package)
- run wine tests with wine binary packages
- can anything else be checked about packages to ensure they are sound?
is continuum hack still needed? http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=3703
- how good does wine work in Xephyr (d3d), crashed before even for simple things; heard that there is a bug in xephyr because it works when glx extension is filtered?
- these should be only scattered to one or at most two places:
FAQ "How do I become a Wine developer?" and "code that I would like to submit to the Wine project"
merge http://winehq.org/site/who into wiki main page and user pages?
move to wiki?: http://www.winehq.org/site/resources
merge and organize TodoList
- warn about more stuff in --verbose configure more obviously?
- can wineapi put a overview on each dllpage and a short description on the main page
add more information to ThirdPartyApplications
- add winebot
- explain how winetricks and winebot are good; and winetools is bad; wine-doors as of yet undetermined
- not all 3rd party applications are of the workaround kind; about wanted prefix-manager/launching gui
- cursor-patches (e.g. with latest everquest;conquer online;civ4) display cursor color distorted in 16bit desktop, works in 24bit
- sort out Bugzilla components mess; get a clear definition for each component; discuss on -devel component per groups of dlls vs every dll; Bugzilla upgrade might help with custom field to gain something like a dll tag or list of affected files
- exporting AJs -patches mailbox (e.g. list with from/subject/msg-id or something) (AJ said that's not hard to do), especially nice would be exporting the expiring patches so one can easier track that nothing gets forgotten
- possibly add macro/functions for tests to indicate and test with trap for
- crashes wine but not native
- crashes native (and thus should crash wine)
try to get explanation for http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=160867
- add list of all debug channels to wineapi
- documentation about cd autodetection; how, when detected, as what registered, what happens with pre-configured devices
http://www.winehq.org/site/download redhat link is dead, make sure icon and text links are the same.
pick useful stuff from linux kernel Documentation/SubmittingPatches
- add list of copy/cheat/debug/reverse eng. prevention classified with working or not to wiki (possibly with links to bugs, wikipedia description)
- wiki needs a pages linking to this page feature
- add wiki cvs module at sf to cvs and git? page
- possibly replace URLs in source code with comment describing the same or remove them
- different font look in bullet lists with and without links, compare with vitamins fix for tables
- get xslt enabled on this wiki
- communication / user support guidelines; for friendlier atmosphere; get ideas from what freenode, fedora, ubuntu, gentoo, debian do
add howto for msi with jscript to wiki, http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.wine.devel/51345
- add to wiki:
there is a git backup (made daily) at http://repo.or.cz/w/wine.git
- either edit .git/remotes/origin ( that is where it's saved here) or the apropriate remote file or edit .git/config (or change it with git config )
- find bug in winedelay trace patch
[12T00:05:14] <bobobo_> Amorphous: actually i noticed something else : when starting with WINEDELAY=enabled, things are a bit messed up. It's fine with WINEDELAY=1, and then toggling with f12. I don't know what the issue is, maybe problem with the initialization ? [12T00:06:00] <bobobo_> by messed up, i mean that not all channel report - or dont report - properly
- find way to toggle winedelay trace patch externally (trough pipe?)
- move all the checkglcalls in wined3d into the FP macros for gl, then only enable them by a debug chan., but one checkgl each frame
- collect all the other wine related sites in the wiki, e.g. the distribution specific ones
- do file names with wired chars work correctly with other win apps?
- show correctly in open dialog, can be opened, show filename correctly in application?
- fix virtual desktop properly...
- ability to let it grab the mouse
- don't let application inside of v. d. lose focus because v. d. lost focus
- some test cases fail when they are run inside of v. d.
- some of these already have bugs filed in bugzilla...
- check if there is a way to prevent wine from modifying the alsa mixer
- howto describing applying selinux onto wine to confine it
- add clock to alsa null plugin so it is limited to the correct rate
# once: opcontrol --separate=kernel --callgraph=10 [--no-vmlinux|--vmlinux=/boot/the-vmlinux-of-your-currently-running-kernel] # to record a session opcontrol --start opcontrol --reset opcontrol --dump && opcontrol --save=NAME opcontrol --shutdown # opreport -l session:NAME ['*wined3d*'] opannotate --source --search-dirs=/path/to/wine/build/dir/dlls/wined3d --output-dir=/some/empty/dir session:NAME '*wined3d*'The --search-dirs argument may be necessary because wine has relative path to the source like ../../../../wine-build/dlls/dllname/source.c .
- add wiki page about wineasio
- useful links (put them at some appropriate location in the wiki)
http://www.toymaker.info/Games/html/directx_9_0c.html (has a changelog for the sdk)
http://www.falconfly.de/directx.htm all dx redistributables
http://www.tommti-systems.com/main-Dateien/files.html dx settings analyze
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/DevTools/dctkit.mspx ms d3d tests
http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=181875 mingw headers missing, links to mingw bug report